Arkansas State University
fax (870) 972-3069
Links to News Releases
Public activities at ASU
Faculty and Staff
"The PRIDE Center was established specifically to serve the educational and personal rehabilitation needs of combat-injured soldiers. We want to be able to let all veterans, whether they sustained injuries or not, to know about the services available here on the ASU campus, as well as within the community," said PRIDE Center director Susan Tonymon.
This event is open to any service member or veteran. There are more than 200 student soldiers enrolled at ASU for the spring 2008 semester.
The goals are to:
1) Raise awareness of the education benefits and support services that are available to veterans on the ASU campus.
2) Meet with Veterans Administration benefits staff, (VA-Memphis), who provide assistance to soldiers from all branches of the Armed Services. Representatives responsible for transition assistance Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) will be attending to answer questions or provide information.
3) Any veteran attending will learn about important mental health support services available through the new Vet Center services available on the campus of ASU. MidSouth Health Systems will also be in attendance to make information available on community mental health services.
4) Learn what needs student-soldiers may have while attending school and to be able to make contact with ASU staff who can assist them.
5) To provide an opportunity to talk to others who have military experience and to develop contacts.
"We hope the Military Drop-In will be well received. If so, we’d like to offer it each semester, so that veterans will have a chance to become acquainted with our center and each other." Said Dr. Dennis White, [Lt Col (AUS) retired] who serves as the external liaison for the program.
Reservations are not necessary and the event is free. For directions or more information contact Susan Tonymon, email@example.com, director at the PRIDE Center at (870) 972-2624, or Dr. Dennis White, external liaison firstname.lastname@example.org
|NewsPage: asunews.astate.edu/newspage.htm | Back to TOP ||